Purposes for which Personal data is collected, processed, and used by me
I may receive or collect your personal data including your name and contact details (i.e name, e-mail address). I may collect this information from you (for example, by filing in forms or by corresponding with me by email or otherwise).
This information is held, processed, and used by me as follows:
- to provide my services to you;
- to improve my service and to make my services more valuable to you (including tailoring my website to enrich your personal online experience);
- to answer your questions and enquiries;
- to send you details of events, promotions, offers, and general information about the areas which I think might be of interest to you where you have consented to being contacted for such purpose;
- to maintain, expand and develop my area of coverage;
- to notify you about changes to my service.
Where your information is held
Your name and email address are held within WordPress. I will not disclose any personally identifiable information without your permission unless I am legally entitled or required to do so (for example, if required to do so by legal process or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime) or if I believe that such action is necessary to protect and/or defend my rights, property or personal safety and those of our users/customers etc.
How long I keep your data
I will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes I collected it for, either subscribing to the website to receive notification of new posts and pages, or to take part in the Up The Mariners Prediction League.
I take the security of your data seriously. I have controls to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss. I will update these measures as new technology becomes available, as appropriate.
I may periodically contact you by email or other digital means (e.g. Social Media – Facebook and/or Twitter.) for marketing purposes relating to my services, my website, and/or to research opinion on proposed website developments. You have the right to withdraw your consent if you do not want to be contacted for such purposes (see Opt-Out below).
Where you have previously engaged with me (for example by submitting your email address if you subscribe to the website), we will take your consent as given unless or until you opt out. This is referred to as soft opt-in consent and is beneficial as it allows me to suggest areas of interest to you. In all other types of e-marketing, I am required to obtain your explicit consent.
Opt-Out – you are entitled to opt-out from receipt of communication at any time and free of charge by sending an email to email@example.com, of via the ‘Contact’ page on the website.
- You may request access to the information I hold about you at any time and may request me to rectify, update or restrict processing of such information. I may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. I will seek to act on your request in the timescale required by applicable data protection laws.
- I will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your personal data is maintained and up to date. However, you are under a duty to inform me of any and all changes to your personal data to ensure that it is up to date and I will update or delete your personal data accordingly.
- You may, in certain circumstances (for example, where I have processed your data unlawfully) have the right to request that I erase your personal data. I will respond to your request within the timescale required by applicable data protection laws and will only disagree with you if certain limited conditions apply. If I agree to your request, I will delete your data but will generally assume that you would prefer us to keep a note of your name on our register of individuals who would prefer not to be contacted. That way, I will minimise the chances of you being contacted in the future where your data are collected in unconnected circumstances. If you would prefer me not to do this, you are free to say so.
- Where I process your data on the basis of consent you have provided to us, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and have such data deleted. Where I am legally permitted to do so, I may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so.
- If you wish to exercise any of these rights or raise a complaint on how I have handled your personal data, you can contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org