Purposes for which Personal data is collected, processed, and used by us
ATM may receive or collect your personal data including your name and contact details (i.e name, e-mail address). We may collect this information from you (for example, by filing in forms or by corresponding with us by email or otherwise).
This information is held, processed, and used by us as follows:
- to provide our services to you;
- to improve our service and to make our services more valuable to you (including tailoring our website to enrich your personal online experience);
- to answer your questions and enquiries;
- to send you details of events, promotions, offers, and general information about the areas which we think might be of interest to you where you have consented to being contacted for such purpose;
- to maintain, expand and develop our area of coverage;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
Where your information is held
Your name and email address are held within WordPress. We will not disclose any personally identifiable information without your permission unless we are legally entitled or required to do so (for example, if required to do so by legal process or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime) or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and/or defend our rights, property or personal safety and those of our users/customers etc.
How long we keep your data
We will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, either subscribing to the website to receive notification of new posts and pages, or to take part in the All Things Mariners Prediction League. If you are taking part in the Prediction League, your User data will be deleted at the end of each season.
We take the security of your data seriously. We have controls to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss. We will update these measures as new technology becomes available, as appropriate.
We may periodically contact you by email or other digital means (e.g. Social Media – Facebook and/or Twitter.) for marketing purposes relating to our services, our website, and/or to research opinion on proposed website developments. You have the right to withdraw your consent if you do not want to be contacted for such purposes (see Opt-Out below).
Where you have previously engaged with us (for example by submitting your email address if you subscribe to the website), we will take your consent as given unless or until you opt out. This is referred to as soft opt-in consent and is beneficial as it allows us to suggest areas of interest to you. In all other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent.
Opt-Out – you are entitled to opt-out from receipt of communication at any time and free of charge by sending an email to email@example.com, of via the ‘Contact Us’ page on the website.
- You may request access to the information we hold about you at any time and may request us to rectify, update or restrict processing of such information. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We will seek to act on your request in the timescale required by applicable data protection laws.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your personal data is maintained and up to date. However, you are under a duty to inform us of any and all changes to your personal data to ensure that it is up to date and we will update or delete your personal data accordingly.
- You may, in certain circumstances (for example, where we have processed your data unlawfully) have the right to request that we erase your personal data. We will respond to your request within the timescale required by applicable data protection laws and will only disagree with you if certain limited conditions apply. If we agree to your request, we will delete your data but will generally assume that you would prefer us to keep a note of your name on our register of individuals who would prefer not to be contacted. That way, we will minimise the chances of you being contacted in the future where your data are collected in unconnected circumstances. If you would prefer us not to do this, you are free to say so.
- Where we process your data on the basis of consent you have provided to us, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and have such data deleted. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so.
- If you wish to exercise any of these rights or raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org